Friday, May 14, 2010

Fish Tacos


I tried my hand at one of the news trends in food yesterday. I had never had a fish taco but they seem to be all the rage on cooking channels and in restaurants. So, I thought I'd give it a try. They were fabulous! I will definatly make these again soon.
Here is a rough idea of what I did. Sorry I do not have an exact recipe but I did not follow one. I just kind of put it together.
Fish Tacos...
Talapia-
Season with salt and pepper, dredge with flour and pan sear. I then finished it off in the oven.
Assemble Taco-
Lay out 1 whole wheat tortilla.
Place talapia on tortilla.
Top with a handful of shredded cabbage.
Spoon on your favorite salsa (I used Garden Fresh).
Add a couple of slices of Avacado.
Garnish with chopped cilantro and drizzle with fresh lime juice.
Wrap and enjoy.
I served this with a salad of corn, dieced tomatoes, avacado, cilantro and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

3 comments: