Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Putting Up: Vol 3


My final recipes for putting up strawberries if for a Strawberry Lemonade Concentrate. I found this recipe and wanted to try it since it's a little more fun that just a traditional jam or something.
This is also very simple but I did CAN it rather than freeze so it's a bit more work. For this you just need pureed strawberries, lots of lemon juice and sugar. You cook it to 190 degrees and then ladle into ball jars. Cap and band and then process for 15 min. This makes an adorable gift and I've already given three away. I think next year I will make more :)
If you have questions or want exact recipes for any of these strawberry posts I'd be happy to share. Just let me know.

2 comments:

  1. After reading through all of your cooking adventures, I can't help but wonder how delicious they really turned out. From now on, I vote that you must bring your beautiful creations to FLOCK so we can taste test your products :). Plus, that strawberry lemonade sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, this momma is back in the game! Cooking, photoing, blogging, changing her blog, texting! watch out world!

    ReplyDelete