Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Baby G


Jamie and I went to see Dr. Dood today. I had an ultrasound to determine the size of the baby. It was estimated that he/she is currently 7lbs 3 ozs. The technician who preformed the ultrasound was by far the best we've ever had. She was so friendly and really took her time and explained everything she was doing. She also got some great shots of the baby. We saw very cool up close views of the face. She commented that the baby looks just like daddy. I agree. It definitely has Jamie's mouth and cheeks. She was also able to see long hair. I think this baby is going to look just like big sister Nora.
Now onto the real reason for the appointment. Today was the day to gather information and determine the best route of delivery for our little one. As some of you may remember we had a little difficulty with Nora's birth. Hopefully this isn't TMI but after her head was born her shoulders did not want to follow. This quickly became and emergency situation. The Lord protected Nora and I from any number of injuries including broken bones, paralysis and worse. Due to the danger associated with a shoulder dystocia delivery we are obviously trying to avoid this complication from recurring.
We have two options at this point. The first is to have an amnio done this coming Monday to check the lung development and if that looks okay go ahead and induce labor Tuesday.
The second option would be to plan a c-section for the week of the 17th.
As both options have risks we are taking the next 36 hours to pray about this. Please join us in this if you would as we (especially me) are still not sure what we feel is the best decision. Feel free to give your opinion as it really helps to "talk" these things out with others. I'll update Thursday with our final decision.

2 comments:

  1. I already sent you an email, but want you to know dad and I will be praying as you and Jamie make decisions. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh becca! No advice here...BUT prayer I can do! ;) I'll be praying for you as you seek the Lord's will.

    ReplyDelete