Tuesday, August 31, 2010

My little burn victim

I thought a few of you "readers" might like a little update on the Evster. Yesterday we visited the burn clinic and they were pleased with what they saw. Evie's burns are healing as they should. The blisters have broken and now it is just a process of growing some new skin in those areas. She even got the afternoon off from her bandages however, over the evening and night she seemed to have an increase in redness and iritation etc.

I was thankful to already have an appointment with our doctor for first thing this morning. He reccomended keeping her bandaged for at least a week or so. He is very cautious and wants to make sure to avoid any infection in the area and to allow it sufficient time to heal. He also encouraged me to continue her pain meds to keep her comfortable. I was very thankful he agreed wtih me on that. My mommy heart just can't stand the thought of her hurting, especially since she can't tell me.

All in all Evelyn is great and if she didn't have the visual signs of the burns you wouldn't know she was hurt at all. She is such a trooper! Honestly, the hardest part is changing her bandages. We practically have to wrestle her to the ground to keep her still. I am sure glad for Jamie who is so patient and caring. I wait and handle the dressings until he can help. It is definitly a two man job!

Thanks to my dear friends who are praying for her. Please keep it up as she continues to heal. We are thanking God for protecting her and for giving her such a mellow, go-with-the-flow attitude. She sure is a trooper!

3 comments:

  1. Evster... love it!

    Glad to hear she is doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't have your email becca - email me and I can send you the blog info

    verwys2 AT gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete